Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday Already?

Wow, this week went fast. Haven't had much a chance to post due to (pick one).

a) Prepping for an upcoming project
b) Mild head cold
c) Several things I want to talk about, all of which will be long and none of which have been easy to write
d) Playing a variety of games

The answer is: e) All of the Above.

In the meantime, I strongly recommend you check out Bruce Cordell's blog on the situation on the local animal shelters and the frustrating tragedy of "no kill" shelters.

You should also touch base with Colin for a reminder that while Ike has passed, its devastation is still with us, and is being horribly underreported. My contacts in Texas are getting back to normal, but Galveston is still a mess and not ready for habitation yet.

And finally, a friend sent me this scene from an Obama HQ, which made me tear up in a good way.

More later,

Update: Oh, and since it IS Talk Like A Pirate Day, I provide this from Dork Tower, for all the folks back home.