Thursday, April 05, 2012

Scourge: The Offer

So of course, part of being a writer these days is not just the ability to string words together, create engaging characters and pose for a decent author's picture (a skill that I have yet to master). In Century 21, you also have to leverage the social media in order to maximize your exposure. Yeah, I had to look that one up.

So, with Scourge coming out on the 24th of this month (as I've mentioned elsewhere), I'm going to try my hand at that with an offer. The guys at Del Rey pretty much have the sites that talk about Star Wars covered, but I get a lot of traffic here from my previous lives in D&D, comic books, fiction, and games, as well as my current alternate life creating stuff for Guild Wars.

So here is the deal - if you have a website or contribute to a larger site or aggregator, and you want to ask some questions about Scourge, my upcoming Star Wars novel, drop me a line at the grubbstreet email address, tucked under the handsome picture of myself at the right. I will pass the information along to Greg, my marketing guy at Del Rey, and he can set things up. I can do podcast interviews as well, though I will note that I am much more charming and witty when I have the time to take several minutes thinking about the question (which makes for good interviews but a lot of dead air).

Yes, I can answer questions about other stuff, but this is primarily about Scourge (OK, I can talk about the old Star Wars game from WotC, I guess. That's probably in-bounds). Any questions about Guild Wars would have to go through a different set of channels (though the answer to the question you have is: "When it's ready"). This is an experiment to see if we can talk about a Star Wars novel in places other than the regular Star Wars sites. And any sites that do interviews have those interviews mentioned in this space. If you're interested, send me a note.

After all, talk is cheap. At least, that's what people tell me.

More later,